Policies & Expectations
Polytheistic Identity : The Polytheist Community Center is for polytheists, therefore it is expected that you in some way believe in multiple deities. Other identities related to or separate from the polytheistic identity are welcome. Additionally, both "hard polytheists" and "soft polytheists", as well as any identity between, are all welcome here.
Level of Knowledge : There is no "knowledge" requirement to participate or join. All levels of experience and knowledge are welcome.
Participation : PCC welcomes all a voices into the chat and encourages participation. However, you are welcomed to lurk.
PCC Video Chat : While a video chat, it is not required that you use video. There is both voice-only chat and text-chat that is available.
Be civil :
- Hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated or ignored. This includes, but is not limited to, subjects of race, religion, sexuality, class, ability, or gender identity.
- Critical discussion is welcome and encouraged, but outright arguments or flame wars will not be tolerated. We don't need to agree to be respectful.
- Gossiping will not be tolerated. This applies to members of PCC, as well as gossip about other people in the wider community.
- [Discord and Facebook Group only] Admin and moderators have the right to end any discussion they deem inappropriate.
Be hospitable :
- [Video Chat only] Let other people finish talking before you comment.
- Listen with the intent of understanding, not to just respond.
- Be mindful of triggering content. While we prefer you stay away from trigger content, if it is important to discuss you can preface a triggering subject by first saying: "Trigger Warning: [trigger]" or "TW: [trigger]."
- Under no circumstance can you post a picture or a link to a picture that contains triggering content.
Be considerate :
- [Discord only] Please keep all discussions to their relevant channels.
- [Discord only] Put all links into their respective channels.
- [Video Chat only] Pay attention to the people who are using text-only to chat. If you are responding to what they say and aren’t using only text, verbally repeat what they typed and then respond verbally as well.
- [Video Chat only] Be mindful of how much you are talking. If someone else hasn’t had a chance to talk and would like to, let them speak before you.
- Unless someone is asking for advice or feedback, do not give any. Sometimes people just want to say something without getting advice or feedback.
- Therefore, if you want advice or feedback, please specify when you are speaking.
- PCC cannot guarantee privacy, but we do request it. Please do not share comments that people have made in the chat elsewhere without their explicit permission. (Generalized statements that do not cite individuals are okay, eg: "Someone was talking about this.")